Here at Paramount, we currently have two water-based programs to offer our clients. They both are held in a heated pool for 1 hour and do not require you to know how to swim. Continue reading if you would like to know the differences between our Aquatic Therapy sessions and Aqua Aerobics classes.
- This session is a form of physical therapy in the water supervised by our Physical Therapists trained in Aquatic Physical Therapy.
- A referral from a physician and a Physical Therapy Evaluation is required to determine the readiness of the client for Aquatic Therapy.
- Aquatic Therapy uses beginner level exercises and movements to facilitate rehabilitation and return from injury.
- This session is a fitness class supervised by our trained Aqua Aerobics fitness instructor.
- A physician referral is not required.
- The aqua aerobics client may be assessed for overall fitness.
- This class involves moderate to advanced level exercises to help with overall fitness and weight loss.
Click this link to see why water exercises and aquatic therapy are beneficial. https://www.paramountrehabandfitness.com/blog/what-is-aquatic-therapy-benefits-to-exercise-in-the-water/
Contact us today to see which type of water program is best for you!